Château la Mission Haut-Brion
La Misson Haut-Brion
The vineyards of Château la Mission Haut-Brion straddle the communes of Talence and Pessac and are located only a few miles southwest of Bordeaux’s city center. The property sits on gravelly and elevated terrain ideal for cultivating vines, and is bound by the streams of Le Peugue and le Serpent.
Created and developed in the 16th and 17th centuries by the Lestonnac family, Château la Mission Haut-Brion and achieved wider renown in 1682 when it was passed to the Prêcheurs de la Mission (to whom it owes its current name), a missionary order commonly known as the Lazarites. Today, the Château is owned by the Dillon family, already the owners of Château Haut-Brion.